Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leather Jacket Shopping

You may have been like me and spent all fall trying to find a leather jacket. I must have tried on at least 15 styles in the past 2 weeks and still unsure of the cut I should get, what color, and what I want it to look like. I decided to take my question to google images and check out what female stars are wearing, especially actresses with my body type.

I am a curvy girl, no Kim Kardashian, but I defiantly have a waist that gets hidden under a chest and a belly. This leather jacket that Beyonce is wearing would be perfect for the girl like me who wants to flaunt parts of her body, whether it be her chest or her waist. It zips up on a diagonal which slims the belly but also carries the eye straight to the V of the chest without showing too much skin up top.

Here is a leather jacket sold at Urban Outfitters that plays on the same shape as Beyonce's Alexander McQueen Jacket, but this jacket is only $250

Or this one from BCBG for $578
If you are more of a pear shape and thicker on the bottom I would recommend a jacket like Michelle Trachtenberg is wearing. It stops right at the hip, has decorative detail around the collar and she is able to streamline underneath to provide the jacket as a final look for the eye (adding scarfs and a patterned shirt in the same hue means she doesn't necessarily need to close it because then it may look too bunchy and tight in her stomach).


This jacket is from Classiques and is $398. It has the detail around the edge and is a really classic shape.



Or this jacket from Guess, $298. The grey color goes with anything and the detail around the hip area is a unique look. The more details on something basic, I believe the more special and unique it becomes.



In a post to come I will cover leather jackets for tall and lean and petite figures too! 


Stay tuned!

Midge xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment