Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day With Prep Time

Valentine's Day is coming and even though usually I would plan something special for someone special, this year I want to surprise my co-workers and friends with something special too! Nothing says "I'm thinking about you" more than something homemade or thought out with enough time to create it. 

The images I have collected from around the web are crafty enough that it wouldn't break my bank account, but it would show everyone how much they mean to me with a little surprise.

1. These stickers make me think of the girls I dress in my job, they all eat healthy and love fresh fruit at intermission. I imagine leaving an orange at their seats with a cute little sticker on it, I know they would love it. The pdf for the stickers is free on Twigandthistle.com and all you would need is sticker paper, a printer, and craft punch. 

Simple and Sweet.



Images from Twig and Thistle 

2. When you would walk into my childhood home, my Mom always had a candy dish filled with some type of candy ready for hands to grab. During Valentines Day my Mom always had cinnamon hearts in the candy jar. They are inexpensive and you can buy them in bulk at many candy stores. I would fill little jars with the cinnamon hearts and tie a cute red bow around, then surprise my single friends with a little love. 

Image taken from Wedding Favors-R-Us

3. If you can sew and have a lil' change to spend you can follow the directions from Momtastic blog and make the cook/baker in your life a cute apron with hearts as pockets. 

Image taken from Momtastic

4. Nothing says Valentine's Day like chocolate, and since its so cold in the east why not serve hot chocolate with marshmallow hearts to a roommate or friend coming over for lunch? Martha Stewart is the QUEEN of D.I.Y and food recipes so she definitely needed to be included in this list. 

Image and recipe from Marthastewart.com


5. If your single and proud of it, why not throw a anti-Valentine's Day party for your other single friends with these decorations:

Banner is sold at Urban Outfitters, $14.00



Postcards that can be used as invitations to your party, found at Zazzle.com


The mini pinata hitting stick and heart shaped pinata will kick off the party with a bang. Shop at The Pinata Shop and find this for $29.99

 Midge xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I am so in love with this posting.... The number one on your list the stickers for the fruit I Love and think you are amazing to find all this info for your fans out there like me.... I am doing Valentines day cards now and I wanted to share Gap.com for todlers had some cute Shirts for valentines day. I got my Nephew the one that has a crown on it and says Prince Charming. Another cute one I have shared the link to below...

    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=57237&vid=1&pid=806474&scid=806474002

    ReplyDelete