Monday, November 22, 2010

Healthy Eating Baked Potato Style!


I'm a big fan of cheese and usually its not the healthiest food group to reach for when you plan to make something for dinner. While roaming around on recipe websites online last Friday I found this healthy dinner idea that incorporated my love for cheese from Foodnetwork.com. I knew right away when I saw the picture of the Loaded Twice-Baked Potato that I wanted to eat NOW



The recipe calls for warming of the potato in the microwave, I had NO idea my microwave even had a potato setting...gimmie a break people, I'm learning here!


The broccoli was a nice bonus to the potato, I got some green in!


The recipe calls for me to scoop out the insides. At first I was horrible at this (as the picture shows) but the last two potatoes I got the hang of it, slow and gentle was the name of the game.


I realized I did not have the cheese, but I had fat free cheese sticks and cut those up. I also made 4 potatoes, which the recipe calls for. It made a great dish to grab and microwave at work.


I paired it with a healthy salad and was full enough without feeling too full and was pleasantly surprised, the baked potato was complete comfort food for only 274 calories!

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment