Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rocking the Juicy



Juicy Couture, the company everyone knows as the track suit brand has ventured out into clothing, coats, and jewelry before, but now Erin Fetherston is the designer over at Juicy and she is sticking with the velour look of the brand and incorporating  a "'Thirties-meets-Seventies" vibe' for the holidays. 


I'm guessing the 30's is the cut and shape of the clothing, while the 70's is pure velour. Some of the stuff is fun, like the dress she wore above to the MET Ball this year, but that dress is probably hard to wear for the average girl who isn't to keen on taking risks, I mean yellow at Christmas is kind of hard to pull off. But like any good designer she has made options in her line for the average person who wants the look but a little easier to wear,  like this shorter take on her MET dress:


(image taken from teen vogue)


The dress could be worn with a pattered tight and a cute open toed heel, but I would keep the look simple beyond that because the velour will shine in the right light and provide a relaxed, comfort look anyways. 




What are you buying for your holiday parties? 

So far I don't have any to attend, but that's the life when you work weekends. If this dress were mine and and I was incorporating it into my work lifestyle I think I would wear it with a blazer over top, defiantly keep the patterned tights, and rock a cute 1.5" heeled bootie for work. 



Midge xoxo

top image taken from SSENSE

No comments:

Post a Comment