Friday, May 21, 2010

Donating

From time to time I get this burst of energy and start cleaning out my closets and getting rid of things. I usually donate stuff to the Salvation Army since they give out tax recipets so you can write your donation off at the end of the year, but today I decided to donate my old bridesmaid dresses.

I have been in 3 weddings so far and each one of them was a blast. I have great memories, great pictures, beautiful jewlery, handbags, and makeup from all. The dresses were beautiful too, but I know I wont wear them again so I donated my dresses to Cinderella's Closet who works through www.donatemydress.org Cinderella's Closet donates their dresses to young underpriveledged girls for prom.

I was really lucky when prom rolled around in High School to have my Mother's Saks Fifth Ave. discount and to find a beautiful brown dress on the sale rack in the dress department in the mid of September. My Mom hid it in the back room till she got a double discount and WHOOP! It was mine :)

I hope 3 beautiful girls out there somewhere in New Jersey land enjoy the dress they chose and more than anything they get to enjoy their prom :)

Midge xoxo

3 comments:

  1. It does feel great to donate! After Haiti was hit I donated clothes that went straight to them! It's an easy way to purge your own closet and help those in need! I'm going to donate my dresses to this organization as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad the dress went to something useful! i know - everyone says youll wear them again (i even tried at one point...) but we all know no one ever wears these things again!
    xox
    -h

    ReplyDelete