Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall in November


Even though its November, we haven't had a hint of snow yet. The leaves are still a massive array of colors, the air is still crisp, and I keep smelling cinnamon and spice everywhere. I guess the weather has been in as much denial as I am about the possibility of snow touching down soon. 

I wanted to make something "fall-like" for dessert last night and have been craving my fathers rhubarb pies, but since I don't know how to make a pie yet I decided to stick with a cobbler, 
an apple raspberry cobbler to be exact. 


I used 3lbs of Cortland apples and 2 cups of raspberries. The apples had a very subtle taste so I figured the raspberries would take over the tang needed for a cobbler.


Once in the buttered Pyrex I added 2tbsp. of sliced butter to layer under the walnut and oat mix. 


And there it is folks, a sweet tangy sugary mix of fall in November. 

Gotta love it. 

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment