Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Little Art On A Saturday

I came across the artist Fabian Oefner on my dinner break today. 


(images taken from Fabian Oefner website)

The black lines separating all the vibrant colors and the shapes are what grabbed me at first, it looks so simple yet so complex when up close. He created his art by using a substance called ferrofluid and a magnet. The fluid and magnet repel each other while the water color is inserted with a syringe. If you are wondering exactly what the process looks like you can find the video here

I also really like his iridient artwork. The playful nature of the subject is what makes me smile, reminding someone of the good parts of their childhood, standing on the sidewalk and blowing bubbles in the summer is usually a memory most people have.  The colors of the soap have always amazed me as a child, but the shape it forms and the bubble popping makes you imagine it moving through the sky in front of you. 


(images from Fabian Oefner website)

I hope you like these as much as I do and please leave a comment of what you think as well.

Have a great Saturday! Midge xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment