Monday, November 8, 2010

Diet Friendly Rice Mix!

Something that happens without me even trying is that I seem to always pick a recipe with an ingredient that I have never cooked with before or possibly even tried. Yesterday I cooked a meal with dates, which I don't think I have ever tasted nor cooked with, I had no idea they would taste like honey! They are soft and sticky but are contained in a small oval shape. I have a total sweet tooth so dates are right up my alley.



Once opening the package I didn't understand how this sweet little fruit would work with a brown rice mix. I was really hoping I wasn't about to make a dinner that tasted horrible. It is always a bummer when you spend the money on the ingredients you plan to make into a dinner and then it doesn't taste very good. From the sauteed onions, to the dry nutty taste of the chickpeas, then you add the unique taste of the mint, with the sweetness of the dates and outcomes a DELICIOUS mix of fiber and healthy carbs!





As I showed you in a previous post, I try to make myself healthy dinners that don't blow my calorie intake out of the water with one meal, this rice mixture is only 380 calories for 1 1/4 a cup!



Happy Eating!

Midge xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment