Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Thanksgiving Essentials

A well stocked fridge is always needed on Thanksgiving
Hey Everyone! Its almost Thanksgiving and just this morning I went shopping for my Thanksgiving day needs. I am making a pot pie for the first time (chicken because I'm not crazy about turkey) with a light salad, possible sweet potato side and an apple pie a la mode for desert. 

I also bought my Thanksgiving day/colder month needs. 

Mums are just too cute to pass up in the grocery store, they add a nice pop of color to my dining room
Bagels on the ready. For brunch I'm going to pair those with lox, cream cheese, capers, red onion, and lemon juice.  One of my favorite all time meals during the holiday seasons.
I am serving apple pie for my guests, but I am a die hard pumpkin pie kind of girl so that little gem in there is all mine for a treat in the coming weeks.
Clementines are an essential cold season necessity for me. Not only are they cute, but I can stash them in my bag for work and have a pop of Vit. C wherever I am. 



Hope your Thanksgiving is relaxing and filled with yummy food!

Midge xoxo

1 comment: