Friday, March 9, 2012

Wreath Making with my Mother


I've been home for a month now after having surgery and I have gotten a lot done just on my own, but I had planned to do some artwork and crafting as well. My Mom and Dad were staying with me for some time to help me out with anything that required lifting or bending, and I decided to bother my Mom to finally show me how to make a proper wreath! When I first moved into my apartment my Mother made me the most beautiful green wreath that I proudly hung on my door for 3 straight years during winter, spring, summer, and fall. So I took her to Michael's near my house and had her teach me the tricks of her trade. Here is a step by step process. 

First you make a mess of Michael's and grab all the flowers you like .  
Once you have the flowers you like you start matching the sizes of the flowers by the way the petals look together, colors, and formation of a bouquet. 

These are the tools you will need to work with your wreath: glue sticks, hot glue gun, and wire cutters or pliers. 




Once the flowers are home, start arraigning them into the wreath the way you like them. 




Remember to start with dark on the bottom and bring the lighter colors near the top of the arraignment.  Also, add other flower accessories such as leaves, berries, etc. It fills the wreath and gives the eye more to look at.



Once you weave all the flower ends into the wreath you then hot glue them into place. It's super easy and fast and if you want a  flower to hold into a certain angle, glue that sucker down exactly the way you want it to lay.



Every wreath needs a bow. When buying ribbon make sure it has wire in it. The wire makes it easier to form the kind of bow you want.



After wrapping the ribbon around the wreath then gluing the bow down you can maneuver the bow edges and give it some character so it is not just laying flat. Make sure also to leave some ends to hang down, it adds the drama to your door!



Here is the finished product!




Midge xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Didn't mention anything about the sustenance I was required to provide: Crepes with Strawberries, Poached Pears, Driving to every car dealership in NJ, Wine (at last), Leg of Lamb, More Wine, Shrimp Creole, zshh stuff called Wine, Pork Orloff, morshhhh Wine - you'sh get the meshsage.

    ReplyDelete