Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Diet Friendly Dinner Night

When I cook during the week I'm usually cooking for my dinners during and in between work. I like to try and make something healthy that I can grab from the fridge and pair with rice/pasta and veggies.

I had a can of black beans that I was dying to find a simple and healthy recipe with. Lately I have been eating too little or not enough filling foods so halfway through the night, after I have had dinner and a piece of fruit, I'm starving which just leads to binge eating at home (never good). So I wanted to use these beans as an experiment and see if beans mixed with meat would fill me through the night.

I found this recipe on Health.com. The recipe called for canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce. I have never used this ingredient and couldn't even find the chilies in the Mexican aisle at the grocery store, but I did find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce so I went with that. On opening I just had to try some of the sauce and was BLOWN AWAY by the heat. I love spicy, but daaaaammmnnn was this hot!!!





Everything went into the skillet as one big and happy (diet friendly) family,


And there is dinner my friends!


The adobo peppers went so beautifully with the rest of the meal, it actually needed that kick or the meal would have been dull. And successfully I stayed full through work!

Calories: 266
Fat: 7.3g
Fiber: 4.6g

Midge. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment