Saturday, July 24, 2010

Get yo' style on

I started playing around with the apps on my Ipod and while searching "style" I found the app: "Ask a stylist" by Glamour magazine. It was free so I downloaded it and thought this could be kinda fun.

I have been wanting to get my most stylish friends into my closet for 2 years now, ever since I went on a hardcore budget spending program of my making. I feel bored with my wardrobe and seem to just recycle my clothing week after week with only a few changes. I thought bringing in a stylist to my home would be WAY to expensive, but I needed to know if something was missing in my wardrobe so that I could make more outfits for my every day and it would be smoother than my "Try everything on and throw it on the bed when it doesn't work" approach. Also, my friends have their own lives in NYC and I live in a far away place called NJ that no one seems to want to take 20 minutes to venture to (I'm a great host if you do!).

So I downloaded this app and started playing with it. I realized they wanted me to choose between 1 look I need help with or 2 looks that I cant decide on, I picked 1 look. Then you upload a picture, pick a stylist to help me, tell them where I am wearing this outfit, and any questions about my outfit I have for the stylist I can ask. The process was painless, I gave my cell phone number to them and POOF, in 5 minutes I had a text saying my response from my chosen stylist is available.

Here is the picture I sent:

(You may recognize it from this)

My question to her was: I work in NYC and sometimes feel like I don't dress well enough for the city I love. What else does this outfit need and does it even look good on me?

Her response:


"I totally know how you feel! Sometimes I feel like I should get dressed up just to go to the grocery store! Accessories are key for feeling more dressed up in New York. Try adding a big gold statement necklace and some gold bangle bracelets. For this particular outfit, I might opt for a slouchy tank instead. Don't be afraid to be bold and show off in New York! Also, an easy and comfy way to feel more dressed up in the city is to throw on a breeze summer dress! You look awesome already, so just have fun with your style!"

Fun, gives me ideas on how to wear this outfit next, and sparks imagination with my clothing and things I can shop for when I have some cash!

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment