Friday, March 11, 2011

The "Canadian Girl"


Have you ever bought a piece of clothing because it has your favorite saying on it or because some graphic on it is something your familiar with? A lot of girls once bought the Urban Outfitters t-shirt with the saying "Italian Girl" or "Irish Girl" written across it. I did that once, but since there were no "Canadian Girl" t-shirts I ended up buying a "Canadian Dry" t-shirt. Canadian Dry is the soda pop people drink for an upset stomach. Not the best thinking on my part, but I had to have the shirt. 

I saw this silk shirt at Century 21 the other day and had to have it as well. Same sorta connection to the image but instead of wearing a shirt that promotes a calm bowel system, I'm rocking my favorite flowers which are pansies.  It is a pretty versatile top. I can see it worn in so many different ways and in so many different seasons, 
  1. Summer: jean shorts, ballet flat, a high pony-tail, and gold hoop earrings
  2. Fall: a bright colored cardigan, thigh high boots, and tucked in skinny pants
  3. Winter: a wool cable knit sweater, high wasted jeans with a chunky belt
  4. Spring: a leather jacket, some black eye-liner, and skinny black pants


Pansies don't promote anything but pretty-ness so I hope that your weekend is filled with pretty-ness (yes I know its not a word) and not Canadian Dry needs :)

Midge xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment