Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Artichoke Open-Faced Sandwich

Artichokes from olive bar at whole foods
Walking past the olive bar at Whole Foods is deadly not just because its beside the cheese area, but because there are so many wonderful little snacks I can see myself eating when I get home from work (that currently I am not allowed to do, so says I). The other day, after standing and gazing at around 30 different olives not knowing which kind to buy I decided on boring artichoke hearts thinking they would spruce up my salads.  


Sundried tomato's from the olive bar

While sitting between cues at work I was reading a magazine that had a recipe for artichoke hearts. This recipe is great because its fresh and filling, this would also be a great appetizer for guests. The creaminess of the hummus and feta paired with the tang of the peppers and sun dried tomato is a wonderfully comforting feeling going in. The artichokes are warm and seem to melt right into the soft baguette when biting down. I don't remember the calorie intake on these cute little sandwiches, but I remember it being around 200. This sandwich is great for me to take to work and paired with a lentil soup, I am getting my 400 calories a meal intake. Artichokes are no longer boring with this recipe! 





Ready to go!
Midge xoxo

P.S. If you ever want the directions or measurements of a recipe, please email me at midgeloveschatzie@gmail.com and I would be happy to send it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment