Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BROOKLYN LIVIN'


Sorry its taken so long to post something new, I actually have been stepping out of my cave in NJ and doing fun things with my time!

I recently went to Brooklyn, Cobble Hill area to be shown the town on a beautiful rainy day. My work buddy and friend Maya, invited me and another friend to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, drink a cocktail at her new apartment, then get dinner at a french restaurant. I had such an awesome night and it felt soooo good to get out and play with friends.

We walked along the river and I saw some beautiful architecture on a few water front apartments, I got to look at Maya's cozy fun apartment/art studio, and ate mussels in white wine sauce while dipping french fries into mayo (Diet, OVER).

I was blown away and really inspired by Maya's apartment. She let me post some pictures to show you all.


First thing I have to show you is this chandelier Maya hung in the corner of her living room. It really inspired me to hang something just like it in my TV room. It had the most beautiful colors and with that and a few other lights on (beside the large overhead light) the apartment felt cozy and comfortable, like something you feel when reading a children's book.



Second is Maya's futon. I currently have a futon that I wasn't sure what to do with since I cant afford a couch right now. Maya inspired me to keep it colorful and add pillows in different colors, prints, and textures. Futons can be so boring and simple, if you keep it bright and eye engaging its not such an eye sore in the room.


Third is Maya's choice in color. She found this beautiful yellow gold chair sitting on the sidewalk near her home, the curtains pop with orange, the lamp was a greenish color and all look so beautiful on top of her dark wood floors. Nothing competed and everything in the room was eye catching and interesting to look at.


And lastly, Maya has her printing press smack dab in the center of her "other" living room. If that's not telling you "work on your passion" I don't know what is.

Thanks again Maya, I had the best time.

Love, Midge.

1 comment: