Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Linzer Cookies!


Yesterday was the big day, I used my KitchenAid for the first time! I was so gentle with it, afraid I was going to break something or attach something wrong. The recipe I decided to make was Linzer Cookies with Spiced Jam from a Food and Wine Magazine. The creator of this recipe was TVs Top Chef, Kevin Sbraga (one of my favorite shows). In Food & Wine's Holiday 2010 Magazine he creates a bunch of different cookie recipes that I think are going to be my gift to co-workers and friends. 

Here is my process. 


The dough needed to be left in the fridge for an hour, but I took a little swipe of the batter and it had an amazing nutty and completely comforting taste to it. The hazelnuts obviously helped with the nutty taste, but the comforting taste was purely the cinnamon and lemon rind. 


I could not find seedless raspberry preserves in my grocery store so I bought seedless raspberry jam and it worked just fine.



Once the cookies were cooled down from being in the oven I "dusted" confectioner sugar on them. I kinda let them sit in the over a little too long, some are brown but some have edges that are brown...oops.


Here are the bottom of the cookies, once again...some a little too brown.


And VOILA! A cute little cookie for a snowy day in NJ. 


Enjoy!

Midge xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG these look soooo good!
    I LOVE linzer cookies!!
    They look beautiful!
    (ps also very jealous of your new kitchen aid!)

    ReplyDelete