Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Designer Makeup VS. Drugstore Brand

Have you ever wondered like me if drugstore makeup is the same as designer makeup just less expensive?

Well I took the test when my Laura Mercier blush, Wild Bouquet ran out. Sometimes I feel like maybe I am getting ripped off when I head to a department store to buy my $15 and up "special" makeup when I could possibly buy drugstore brands in the same shade and save some change.

Don't get me wrong, I love going into Sephora and having fun with all the possibilities, but for every day use why not save a little $$$ and get more bang for my buck?

Instead of buying one blush for $24.00 I tried to match the color of my Wild Bouquet Laura Mercier to Covergirl's products.

Here is what I look like with the Laura Mercier blush on:


The Covergirl blush I found is called Rose Silk. Not exactly the same deepness but it was the best color that matched, not too light but also peach colored.



So far I am really loving the Covergirl blush! I honestly love it more because its brighter, happier, and the peach seems to really look natural on me. Here is my final look wearing the Cover girl product:


And like I said, because the Covergirl products are not expensive I treated myself to a new lipstick by Covergirl as well, Roseberry!


Yay for saving a little change but finding two great products to add to my daily makeup routine!

Midge. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Midgie!!

    I love the makeup it looks BEAUTIFUL!! The only difference I usually see between my department store make up and drug store make up, is that the department store one usually stay on longer.

    Miss your face!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete