Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Clothes Taken To The Tailor

So as I promised, here are some of the other fall fashion pieces I bought recently. But, because I have my own shape and body type, most of everything I have needs to be tailored in some way.

I took a a few pieces to my friend Claudia to help me play around, take in, and replace certain parts on the clothing.

This is Claudia...she's amazing, talented, and such a sweet person :)


This is a beige blazer I bought from H&M.

The reason I took it to Claudia was because it has the WORST lining inside that when you put it on you just want to take it off again. So Claudia is going to help me replace the lining, we both decided on a fabric that is kind of crazy and fun but I want it to feel like silk when I put the jacket on, so we are going with a silk charmeuse. Here is us playing with a piece she has in the studio.



This is a dress I bought from the store Jacob in Canada. I loved the print and shape, but the neckline I felt needed to be lowered because anything that is to close to your collar bone just makes your chest look bigger.


If you can see it, there is a chalk line that Claudia made to show her where to cut and make the new neckline.


I highly recommend seeing a tailor and it really doesn't cost that much, but it makes everything fall nicely on your body and fit you better.

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment