Tuesday, September 28, 2010

L'OREAL EVERPURE



Everywhere I look some magazine is talking about how great the sulfate free new shampoo and conditioner is from L'oreal. I have been using it for a 2 weeks and in and out of the shower I don't feel that impressed by it.

My hair is usually dry and I gravitate towards moisture shampoos and conditioners, but I feel like with this conditioner I need more of it than usual just so that my hair feels soft. My hair styles fine and I haven't seen a change with that, but the more conditioner needed in my hair means the greasier it gets the next day. That means I have to wash my hair again in the morning or at least run it under water which most women will know eventually fades our highlights. That is not fun when you pay for highlights every couple of months hoping the color will last a little bit longer then usual.

Also, when reading the ingredients I noticed there are a few I was worried about. The shampoo and conditioner claim to an anti-fade system, have no drying salts, has natural botanicals and is 100% vegan. So when I saw names like "Sodium Cocoyl" and Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate" I got a little worried. I found out that those ingredients are found in other beauty products and are used as fillers. I then googled the name L'oreal EverPure and found a review that I thought was really honest.

The price isn't so bad, $5.99/each and is found at most regular shopping stores so there are no expensive trips to Sephora or fancy salons.

So to sum it all up, for the price and convenience of the products OK I will give it to them, but since I have a choice and hopefully money in my pocket I wouldn't buy it again.

If you have tried L'oreal EverPure please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Midge, xoxo.

1 comment: