Monday, January 3, 2011

Leftovers Galore

One of the oranges I meant to use for dinner on Xmas Day.
Christmas and New Years are now a thing of the past but when you open my fridge you wouldn't think so. My family is known for a stocked fridge with nothing really to eat and that's exactly what I was left with when they all went home, tons of different kinds of cheese, mixed berries, a half eaten baguette, and many other food items that are not really good for a complete meal. 

Leftover salmon, too good for so many reasons to put to waste.

I decided to use what was left in my fridge to make some kind of respectable meal last night and for meals to come this week while at work. What I came up with for lunch was a red lentil soup from Food & Wine magazine using leftover garlic and smoked salmon leftovers on fresh pumpernickel bread for a side. For dinner, with the leftover oranges I made the chicken recipe I have used before with a side of rice pilaf.

Left over garlic used in the soup

Lunch
The lentil soup with carrots, potato, celery, vegetable broth, cumin, cayenne pepper,  and lemon juice

Ready for lunch tomorrow; grab and go is the new name of the game

Pumpernickel bread soon to be spread lightly with a whipped cream cheese

Capers and a lemon wedge add to the flavor of the salmon

So flavorful and filled with so many needed vitamins and protein

Dinner
My orange chicken recipe with tamarind

Tamarind, brown sugar and orange peel combined with other ingredients makes for a beautiful tasting chicken thigh


Lunch and dinner should be easy now with just my veggies to make and warm up. 

Midge xoxo

If any of you ever want to try my recipes stolen from magazines or books please let me know and I can pass them along to you (I cant post them due to plagiarism). 

No comments:

Post a Comment