Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Needing of Advice: Scaredy Cat Shopping

I am a closet scaredy cat of shopping. Yes I love to buy myself a new piece of clothing but lately I haven't been able to buy myself anything but groceries and pay my bills. Once I buy something for myself I feel guilty and usually return the items because I think I could have used my money in better ways ie: credit bill. But new tires on my car wont excite me like a new pair of shoes would. When I am actually out I am afraid to try different clothing looks and update my clothing options mainly because I'm on a limited budget and also when I buy the trendy fur vest I know I wont really get the use out of it that I should because my lifestyle doesn't call for it.
Trendy fur vest that I was too scared to buy and is now no longer available. 

Dress that I recently fell in love with, but probably wont buy because I think I'm too short to wear it.

A look I have been wanting to try but afraid my gymnastic thighs wont look right in tights with shorts over top

I think one of the main problems with me shopping is that I don't have a style that I stick to. I jump from bohemian, to classic, to fun, to super relaxed so that makes my closet not easy to grab and go when looking for an outfit. I seem to have a majority of the basics, but nothing fun to put them with.

How does one get over the hump of buying something for themselves when other bills are due, doggy babysitters need to be paid, the car needs to run properly, or/and groceries are needed for the next baking experiment? How does one find a happy balance with buying for themselves? 

If you have any advice please let me know!

Midge xoxo

Images taken from Express.com, lulus.com, and LisaVanderpump.com

No comments:

Post a Comment