Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shopping for a Bridal Shower Dress

A friend of mine asked me for my advice in finding a shower dress, I figured this would be a great chance to help a lot of the new fiances out there. Since my friends wedding shower is this month I found some dress ideas that would easily be found at the nearest mall. I did my best to find dresses under $300, remembering this is a special moment but understanding a budget especially during this time.

So, here goes:

I like this dress from BCBG because it appropriate enough for grandparents, the weather outside, and shows a slim torso. The cowl neck will look nice in pictures with a nice silver drop down earring. I would pair it with a belt and a cute pair of navy or gray suede pumps. This dress can definitely be worn after all of the wedding festivities in many different ways, it would look cute with a nice pair of boots or wedges.

BCBG, $ 280.00








What other time do you have the chance to wear a red dress? For your shower you want to stand out and glow, everyone is there for you, revel in it! This dress from BB Dakota is the perfect amount of sexy but demure, it isn't showing too much skin but its flirty with the full skirt. I would pair the dress with a silver sparkly shoe, something fun that will play up the dress. This also could be a great rehearsal dress.


BB Dakota, $109.00






This dress paired with a sparkly necklace, black tights, and a heel will look great on a bride to be. It really shows a womanly figure and is so versatile with the color and shape to be worn to a friends wedding later. A nice shawl or sweet little jacket could be brought in to keep you warm. Also, this dress worn with your hair down will look really great in pictures. 


J Crew, $160.00










This dress is special because it combines many great elements. It sparkles, its strapless so your hair down will look great in pictures, plus it has a really cute flower detail that will add a little pop to the pictures taken of portrait style. Pair it with a diamond sparkler earring and a simple black pump. 


Maggy London, $138.00
























Midge xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Midge! The second one looks pretty similar to a dress I have has my eye on in express. I was thinking of getting something colorful like that. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete