Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Roasted Shrimp Salad

Half of the recipe: mayo, dill, pepper, orange peel, and orange juice

Over Christmas I got Ina Garten cookbook, "Barefoot Contessa, How easy is that?" and haven't know where to begin. I was flipping through the pages and figured I would just try the next recipe I saw and it just happened to be her roasted shrimp salad. I had never paired shrimp with orange before, but it was a beautifully rich taste combined with the dill, mayo, and onion. Only a little bit of the salad went a long way but I can see myself making it in the summer on a nice breezy day. 

Defrosting shrimp in cold water 

Using my broiler for the first time

The shrimp is done and soon to be put into the creamy mixture

All mixed up with the red onion and capers.
Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment