Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dinner for the Week: Turkey Scallopini

Turkey Scallopini with Capers and Lemon

I had leftover thin sliced turkey breasts to use before they went bad and while searching online for a recipe, I found this recipe. I have to be honest, I wasn't too fond of the meal right off the stove, but I had it to eat for the whole week. What happened though was just by sitting in the natural juices for a few days the lemon and broth became one and created a soft but wonderful flavored sauce for the turkey. The capers provided the salt flavor and when the dish was mixed with brown rice it created a hearty meal that was easy to transport and stayed rich in flavor for 5 days. After the 5 days I didn't want the turkey scallopini to be gone, it became delicious and so flavorful. A meal to definitely make again!

Floured turkey cutlets

Frying the turkey in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil

Once the meat was done cooking you saute the garlic. I tried to use as little olive oil as possible so that I could save some calories. 

Adding the broth and lemon juice made the house smell delicious

All done and ready to eat.
 Enjoy!

Midge xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment