Friday, February 25, 2011

Restaurant Review: Stacks Pancake House and Cafe

Yesterday was my day off and I planned on eating some breakfast with one of my friends and her beautiful baby boy. I coned her into trying a restaurant in Hoboken (New Jersey) called Stacks Pancake House and Cafe.

(picture taken from nj.com)
The menu is crazy, there are SO many choices for how you could have your eggs or pancakes. I am a HUGE fan of fresh fruit on pancakes so I was delighted when I saw other customers orders and fresh strawberries and bananas were used as well as other fruit. 

I was really torn with what to order, but kind of craving eggs so I went with scrambled eggs wrapped up with hashbrowns, cheese, and bacon, in a tortilla with salsa on the side. My friend got eggs as well but she was the smartie pants and got hers wrapped in a pancake so she could pull it all apart and taste what the pancake was like with a little maple syrup. If you look at the picture below, on the right is the eggs wrapped in a pancake. 

(picture taken from nj.com)
I really enjoyed this restaurant and plan to go back and try their colossal pancakes. If you go on a weekday around 9am you can find parking right outside the door of Stacks, Hoboken is known for their bad parking so this will make any driver/hungry pancake eater very happy. Also, around that time all the cute boutiques open! We had a sleepy baby to get home so we couldn't explore, but just down the block we found a yoga studio. 

We made tentative plans for next week...hot yoga and hot pancakes!

Midge xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment