Thursday, October 28, 2010

Outfit Inspiration

Here are 2 outfits I wore this week that were inspired by my inspiration board (seen here).

First outfit is a blouse from New York & Company that I paired with H&M skinny jeans and Aerosoles riding boots. This outfit will quickly become a staple for me because its so simple and easy to throw together. For the warm winter months a faux fur vest or chunky sweater can be thrown overtop which is just as easy as the rest of the outfit. 

 I wore it with gold hoops, to play up the buttons down the front.

The detail on the blouse is what I was really drawn to when purchasing it. It has brassy metal buttons that are heavy enough to pull the whole top of the blouse to the ground, but when looped through the button holes they add a touch to a inexpensive shirt that you don't find everywhere. 

The 2nd outfit is one that took me a little more time to put together but I loved by the end. Sometimes you just have to play around in your closet and come up with outfits you hadn't thought of originally (esp. if you are bored with seeing everything in your closet like I am). 

This outfit works well because its all in the brown family but different shades and details are found everywhere that make it eye catching and playful. I wore and H&M sweater, an Anthropology skirt and belt, Spanx brown tights, and Aerosoles riding boots. The sweater has a broken ruffle detail around the neck and shoulders with a v-neck to add some length to my neckline. The skirt has a silk with button trim around the hem, this is just a fun detail to keep the eye interested. The brown belt and boots matched perfectly and the tights provided a streamline effect. 

So far so good with my inspiration board, next up is trying to perfect the makeup and hair which are two of my worst areas. 

Wish me luck!

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment