Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coco Puff

I recently went to a Japanese grocery store by my house, not sure what to expect but I assumed I could probably get some great sushi for a lunch time craving. Little did I know that this grocery store was so cool and had little restaurants set up inside that served all types of Japanese hot and cold food. As I was walking around looking at all the pictures of different types of Udon noodles, I approached a Japanese bakery within the large grocery store.

There were so many types of baked goods that I knew I had to try one. I picked out this little treasure that wasn't too little:

It is an "Coco coca puff". A large but light filled puff of soft bread filled with chocolate and custard. Sooooo delicious and not too sweet, but a really great indulgence. The bread didn't have much flavor, but it was fine because the chocolate had a hint of almond in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment