Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Outlet Shopping on a budget

If you have ever been to Woodbury Commons in Central Valley, NY you will know there are over 100 stores and some are major fashion stores like Prada, Gucci, and Chloe. I have been to W.C twice before and spent my time shopping two very different ways.

The first time I went with my good friend and we started when the outdoor mall opened and finished when all the stores were locking their doors. I blew a whole paycheck I had saved and loved every minute of it since I hardly ever allow myself to spend a lot of money. The second time I went was for X-mas gifts and I only went into the stores I knew I would buy a gift from. I am going to be going back to W.C and this time I am going to spend money for myself but on a budget.

I have made a list of the things I need in my wardrobe and plan on sticking to it. I will bring cash so as not to keep charging things on my debit card and not know exactly how much I spend, and I will not bring any credit cards (last time I ended up buying a Burberry coat, which I love but didn't really have the cash for).

This is my list as of now:

1) A new black leather purse: stylish, big, and multiple ways of carrying it
2) Work out clothing: t shirts, tanks, and shorts/capri's
3) Sunglasses: ray ban (ish), something square framed
4) Home goods at Crate and Barrel outlet: glasses (mine all broke in the sink), rugs, bowls (I only have 2), and mugs.
5) There is a Converse store, so I am hoping they have the black kind (bought them once before and my dog ate them and made them into sandals for me)

I find that writing a list before I shop really helps me stay within a budget and I don't go buy something I didn't really need or plan for. Yes, sometimes just popping into a store and finding a beautiful piece of clothing is exciting, but I am really trying to have a great savings account and don't want that dream to disappear because I saw a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress in a print I just had to have when in reality I wont be able to wear it to work and that's what my wardrobe is made up of.

Keeping my fingers crossed I stay within budget but am able to leave the mall with lots of good stuff to show ya

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment