Sunday, June 13, 2010

Terrariums

Do you know what a Terrarium is?

I didn't, and them my mom sent me this link: Terrariums

After looking at all of those pictures I started to want to make a Terrarium. Wouldn't one look cool on a dining room table? Or next to a stack of books?

I have started getting into wanting to decorate my house in a whole new way. I want the vintage feel with bright colors and soft fabrics. Flowers, books, blankets, and interesting art are what I in vision. I think I am gonna scout out some flea markets in my area and take a look around for pieces I find interesting one day.

Does anyone know of any good flew markets in NYC?

Love Midge xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Recently, I was thinking about the tent kiosks that various families have for their outdoor adventures to the lake or picnics or what you see at events in the park to keep the sun off your back.

    If you can find a frame and a very light sailcloth fabric, you could fashion one - especially in a large living area as a definition for a casual area. Set it up in your room, with twinkle lights above - not touching the cloth - and decorate underneath like your summer patio. The space might only be 10 x 10 or 8x8 and so care must be taken to select fabrics with the proper outdoor festive colours - not garish - plants to give some vertical-ity and low tables for beverages, your feet, or schnick-schnacks. When it's dark outside, the soft twinkle lights above the fabric provide a cozy, yet open to the sky atmosphere.

    dad

    ReplyDelete