Monday, December 13, 2010

I deserve...

Before

(Warning, this is a girlish example, but can be applied to everyone.)

Have you ever scheduled a haircut and/or color and think I really don't need both that bad (due to time/money/life) then you see or take a picture of yourself and BAM, yes you do need it that bad. 

Here is my before and after, I know its not rocket science but this past week I have proven to myself to go with my gut instinct and to not ripple the tides. Well, this is proof for me (in a small way) that I will always know what I need regardless of how many times I tell myself I don't. I may be speaking in code, but what I guess I am trying to say is I need to go with what my gut is telling me. 

I went to a new salon and really needed all the pampering that gave me. I got to read many magazines, hear women discuss their relationships (I guess I was eavesdropping), I got a free head and back massage, and I felt beautiful walking out with my new color and cut. I forget sometimes that I need pampering and to spoil myself, like I am sure most people do. But even the simplicity of taking myself out of my usual elements lifted my spirits enough that I gave myself the best Christmas present I ever could, time to myself. 

BLU salon in Edgewater, NJ. It is cool, funky, young, and hip. If you are in the area I highly recommend! 


Have a great Monday!

Love Midge xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love what you have to say here and I agree with you. Second you look amazing I am so in love with you.... Love it

    ReplyDelete