Friday, September 20, 2013

A Simple Mantra to Get You Through...

I felt compelled to write a blog tonight, I know...its been some time ;)

I deal with a lot of sabotaging thoughts and anxiety, but I am on the road to conquering it. I try every morning with all of my might to wake up and feel new and excited for my day. Lately I have been waking up and heading straight for the gym. I have been doing an app called "0-5k". The app helps you learn to run up to a 5k/35 mins. Every time you use the app there is a new amount of time you need to run for, it could be 10 minutes straight one day and the next day it would say 15 minutes. There have been some days I have woken up scared, telling myself "I don't think I can run 15 minutes straight". This is where something so simple can be implemented and though I do mantra's in the shower every morning, I never thought to do them running. My friend Christi actually texted this to me one day when I was telling her I was having a lot of trouble getting to the next running stage, she said to repeat:

 "my pace is perfect" 

Before she told me about this simple mantra, the thought of running a straight 20 minutes terrified me to the point that I probably manifested the pains in my stomach so sever I had to stop running or the sudden rush of nausea when I looked at the timer and still had 15 more minutes to go, unable to finish. "My pace is perfect" repeated in my head the following day and it got me through the first straight 20 minute run I had ever accomplished. It also got me through the second 20 minute run the next day, and tomorrow it will get me through a 25 minute run.

Waking up in the morning and giving myself a challenge....1) getting to the gym and 2) accomplishing something that made me feel proud of myself only reinforced my beliefs that I am a person of strength, slowly crushing the negative thoughts one by one.

I think I will expand on this blog post and tell you next time about what I do to reinforce the positive thoughts about myself everyday when getting ready for work.

Go out there and challenge yourself, you will feel so proud of yourself after!

Love Midge
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment