Thursday, August 5, 2010

Minty Summer Lemonade


I spent the day in NYC recently, tooting around the lower east side and while there I popped into a little restaurant that I don't remember the name of. I ordered a salad to go and wanted a summertime drink to go with it, the waitress suggested I try their homemade mint lemonade. One sip and I was hooked. The refreshing taste of the lemonade paired with the crisp taste of the mint really aided in creating a great summer day.

Once home I decided to try and make my own lemonade, not knowing how many lemons it really took and how bad my hands would hurt the next week. Wow.


This is the recipe I used, from Martha Stewart.

After making a run back to Trader Joe's for more lemons and a run around the block to the bodega for sugar, I finally got to enjoy my homemade mint lemonade.

It lasted about a week and required more sugar for my taste. Still tart, but easy to swallow down a small glass full.

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment