Thursday, April 15, 2010

Belle at the Ball

The dress is finished and the wedding happened and all went smoothly! It moved beautifully when I shook my tail feather, it accentuated all the positives on my body I felt, and it was cool to say "I designed this!". Here is a happy pic at the wedding of me and my friends:


Thanks Katie and Jordan for having such a great wedding!

So onto new things at hand: Fortune cookies.

I find fortune cookies to be entertaining and kinda exciting after a great Chinese meal. Some of the best quotes I have gotten from a fortune cookie have stuck with me for years, like my high school year book quote: "Everything is beautiful, its just the way you look at it". I got this fortune when my artwork wasn't inspiring me anymore and this quote really excited me and helped me look at the objects I was drawing/painting in a different way. It inspired me to work on my art again.

This is a quote I recently received in one of those tasty orange scented crisp cookies:



Now this quote is funny because I was going through a maze, took myself out to eat and received this little gem. Life was all up and down, I didn't know what to make of it all and what to do with the confusion in my head. So when I got this quote I realized I needed to start taking care of me and my quality of life. I wrote a list of all the things I want to do this summer. First off: Life Coach. I know some people would call this a therapist, but I need someone to help me sort out my paths and something I have really been wanting in my life is to find my calling.

I feel like I am good a things, but I don't feel I have found anything in my life I can say I am great at or I kick ass in. I want to know what that is. I want to be self aware of the things I do, how I treat people, and allow myself to have quality time with myself. So I am starting with this life coach and I will see what happens.

Wish me luck (Hilary..haha)!

Midge.

No comments:

Post a Comment