Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Cheese Store


Sometimes you just need a real sandwich.

Sometimes I just need real meat, real cheese, and real bread and when I mean real I mean homemade with meat that is fresh and cheese that has been aged. I know some may not understand cheese aging but if you have ever been to The Cheese Store in Hoboken, NJ you will understand. They have some of the best cheese and some of the best sandwiches I have ever tried. I found them for the first time while working on a film in the warehouse they are located in. I was hooked from them on and sometimes have to drive past the Lincoln tunnel into the unfamiliar, but exciting town of Hoboken.

To quote from their website: "Aging cheese is a complex endeavor
which requires particular conditions of temperature and humidity. It also requires the
care of craftsman's eye which recognizes the nuances that happen to an aging
cheese and a craftsman's hand which applies various techniques that allow the
cheese to develop its maximum flavor." http://thecheesestorehoboken.com/AgingFacilities.html

I love their sopressata salami sandwich with taleggio cheese, fire roasted peppers, extra virgin olive oil, arugula all on a baguette. The meat is thinly sliced, the cheese has a medium hard shell but is soft and buttery on the inside, the peppers are delicate with the olive oil and arugula and the bread...oh man the bread...its crunchy and soft all at the same time.

Now Im hungry, but no time to go to The Cheese Store.

Have a happy day!

Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment