Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Night Dinner: Vegetable Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze

Finished glazed masterpiece!
I had a night to myself Sunday and decided it was time to get back into the kitchen. With the move I had NO desire to cook anything and all of my cooking and baking stuff was (and is) still in a box. I was running back and forth from the kitchen to the garage (aka my storage unit) while making this vegetable meatloaf recipe I found on foodnetwork.com. The balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes were buried deep down in a box, but I found them and boy am I happy I did because this recipe is DELICIOUS. You definitely taste the vinegar, but you also taste the ketchup, the herbs, and the red pepper flakes. I probably should have cut the zucchini smaller and I couldn't make the garlic into a paste, but it didn't matter because the overall meal was hearty and tasty. 

Prepping all the ingredients

Sauteing the zucchini, red pepper, and garlic

I tried panko breadcrumbs for the first time!


Midge xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment